In Rüsselsheim, an in-house fire ended well once again, thank God. The fire brigade had to extinguish a small fire in an apartment building. A mattress in one of these apartment caught fire, but only minor damage was done and none of the residents were injured.
Probably negligence was the cause of the fire.
Protect yourself by taking care not to leave any electrical devices, such as mobile phone batteries, on your mattress for long periods of time.
You will be even safer if you buy a flame-retardant mattress.
But then you should make sure to buy mattresses that are treated with a safe flame retardant.
Empa researchers have developed an environmentally friendly and economical synthesis for non-toxic flame retardants. Click here for more information.